Monday, August 23, 2010

escapism

The latest (but boring) update is that my female owner has finished the first chapter of her thesis. i.e. her supervisor’s last comment on her draft was “congratulations, you done a good job”. The empirical chapters are still on his end, so she can’t really move forward.

The latest (less boring) update is that my female owner feels very sianz about staying on in Australia. Surprise surprise! Besides the usual apprehensions about whether she can find a good paying job, getting her PR application and registration sorted out, money issues, car licence etc, the latest thing on her mind is that high likelihood that she has to move out of her current house by the end of the year, coz her landlord wants to rent out the whole house. Another big uncertainty coz it is hard to decided where to stay if you don’t have a job. My female owner’s usual catastrophising mechanism kicked in and her first response was to return back to Singapore. Oh well… escapism in its full glory.

Anyway, she decided that she can think about that later. Right now, its really just Theseus and her, working (hand in hand) to complete each other’s misery.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook