Monday, March 08, 2010

Stanthorpe

My female owner did something she never thought she would do. She went camping with a group of mainly strangers over the weekend, to Stanthorpe Apple & Grape Harvest Festival. While it was not as fun or intimate as her other camping trips, the experience was still worthwhile. Here are some random shots of what she came across.

The parade along the streets. Her housemate thought the red fruit was a strawberry. How can it be? If it is an APPLE and GRAPE festival.
Taken just to show that she was really at Stanthorpe

My female owner's first sighting of an apple tree. Seeing how small apple trees are, my female owner seriously doubted the story of Newton being hit by a falling apple while sitting under an apple tree.
A campsite like no other. Composting toilet!
We turtles know that we are never far from her heart.
An unexpected treat while driving along the highway. The photo did not do justice to what she saw.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook