Saturday, March 06, 2010

briefly

Sorry for taking so long to update my Turtle Pad. My female owner has been occupied with several things, so it has been difficult trying to nail her down for updates too. Here are some quick updates:

She is enjoying her hospital placement very much. The best ever, she says.
She is gaining momentum with her thesis. It’s in the storming stage now, where her supervisor and her are trying to firm up their research ideas, in order to meet her ambitious deadline of 31 Aug.
Flute practices had been tough, as she has unlearn many of the wrong techniques that she was taught or never corrected when she was learning in Singapore. However, her perseverance paid off as her teacher congratulated her on a job well done.
Bible study group has been more challenging than expected/ necessary as she grapples with systemic changes and constant unfamiliar faces. In fact, this situation gives her more anxiety than any of the other situations mentioned.
Weight management has been good. Did I tell you that she must have lost weight (though still flabbier than pre-Brissy) coz she can fit comfortably into her Singapore working clothes now (i.e. no more squeezing)? In fact, some clothes which she bought when she was 21! Hooray!
Exercising. Non-existent. No more kakis, no more drive. Although she is open to jogging again, if she can find reliable buddies.

2 comments:

tedde said...

your momentum matches the weather.

when will you put it in a bucket and make it portable?

queenie said...

wahaha!!! trust you to think of such things! let me find a suitable bucket first...

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook