Sunday, March 21, 2010

godmother

My female owner was moping around the house yesterday evening. Her friends had gone out for KTV but she had chosen to stay home (after her short short run – not even 20mins she says) to deal with her never-ending stats. Her housemate was also moping around because of her assignment.

Even though she arranged with Emo Sponge to pop over after KTV to cheer them up, my female owner eventually cancelled the jio coz she decided that she wanted to sleep. However, my female owner ended up watching Korean DVDs (yes, the same series she was watching last weekend) and then surprise surprise, one of her long-time friends started an MSN chat with her (just a side-note, ever since my female owner got iBliss, she feels as if MSN is passé).

The conversation was worth it, she says, to have skipped a social appointment.

Firstly, she found out that she is going to be a godmother soon! Yes, her friend is expecting a baby and what an honour to be the first to know about this (besides family). Her friend and her hubby had agreed a few years ago that my female owner would be the godmother to their first child and they are honouring their promise.

Hmm.. i wonder what kind of godmother she will be. If looking after us is anything to judge her by, my female owner is likely to be largely absent and laissez-faire, giving the child lotsa freedom to explore his world. Ah, but if he falls ill or get into trouble, would drop everything to take care of him.

Secondly, her friend, despite not being a Christian, actually encouraged my female owner with Christian truths. Being caught up with her current situation, my female owner had lost the bigger picture of the current season of her life and through her friend, she was reminded of how God brought her to Brisbane, took care of her and in the process, transformed her life. The transformation must have been so obvious, coz her friend noted that she is much happier now. Ah, such heartwarming feedback, given at a low point of her life, just cheered her up.

Today she woke up, determined not to let her circumstances get her down. After all, doctorate stress is transient (and to be expected, really) and the process of going through the situation is character-moulding.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook