Tuesday, March 16, 2010

derail

My female owner is feeling blue over the state of her thesis. She is still circulating around the same data analysis she started on one year ago. She was so close to finishing one chapter of her thesis when her supervisor told her to redo the second part of the analysis. This yielded an entirely different trend of results, which also means that she did much writing up in vain too.

She says that doing stats is like a dull, numbing pain. Sometimes, she feels it as a stab to her heart. Literally, a sinking feeling as she sits in front of the computer wondering if she is doing the right thing, checking that her syntax is written correctly (checking all the dots and lines), and hoping that she gets some decent results.

She cries out for somebody to release her from the bondage of statistics. So ruminative, she says. My female owner tries to find some joy in her stats but is unable to see the light out of the tunnel. She is so ready to derail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

don give up! u came so far

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook