Monday, March 08, 2010

dinners

My female owner and her housemate hosted a dinner for two common friends today. Great fun, as usual, over a simple fare of DIY sushi. This kind of fellowship provides her with that intimacy and emotional connectedness which she says have been lost in her current bible study group due to its sheer size. In small groups of 4-5, people tend to open up and be more candid with one another. Over tonight’s dinner, my female owner established a new household rule for dinner parties: what is said during dinner remains within the four walls (and if you find that you are not invited over for dinner anymore, you know why).

Overall, my female owner enjoys having friends over for dinner. If she has a choice (e.g. has her own house), she would do it on a weekly basis. Invite up to 4 people over each time, just for a casual meal and to get to know them better. Secretly (well, maybe not, since I’m writing it out already), she has ruled out a few types of people whom she would ask over for dinner – stingy people and people who can’t keep secrets.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook