Sunday, March 28, 2010

connected

My female owner met up with a random Singaporean for lunch today. Well, not very random but perhaps the way in which she got connected to him was.

A QUT student who was doing the same placement with her at the hospital told my female owner about a fellow Singaporean coursemate who is just completing his doctorate and asked if my female owner was interested in meeting up with him. My female owner said ok. So the two of them made contact via email and it turned out that the guy had interned at her former workplace in 2006, and still remembered my female owner. What a small world.

My female owner, of course, did not recall him at all. So anyway, they met today and my female owner realised that he was the guy that she thought looked like her cousin when she saw him in the past. Things started off a little awkward. Felt a little like a blind date sort-of thing apparently. But they eventually warmed up and started to share experiences and exchange views on various issues. Turns out also that his thesis is being marked by her research supervisor!

Ah, my female owner reckons that this is another person with whom she can have intense simulating intellectual psychological discussions. Someone who speaks her professional language.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook