Wednesday, March 10, 2010

marathon

My female owner had this strong surge of inspiration yesterday to complete a marathon before she turns 30. This surge was triggered by her friend who said that he was considering doing the marathon this year at the Gold Coast. This means that she would have a training buddy, at least in theory!

My female owner had always believed that anyone can complete a marathon as the process is as much mental as it is physical. And she is a closet maschoist who likes to experience pain (think painful aikido locks and eccentric flute teacher). Since she is sort-of in an intellectual marathon, struggling through her thesis, she reckons that it would be complementary, to complete a physical (and mental) endurance challenge.

Nonethelss, she decided to hold her horses and lie low, coz there is real hard work and commitment associated with this decision and she wants to decide after thinking it through rationally. Today, she says that she found another person who wants to do the marathon. Alas, but also a guy. Anyway, she reckons she can pull together a few hard-core runners to train together if she is serious about this.

Should she? Does she have enough time? The marathon is in early July and she hasn’t ran for months. Plus her dodgy knee…

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook