Thursday, October 21, 2010

distant

Oh no, I realise that I am writing so much less these few months. Age must be catching up on me. Maybe we turtles are drifting apart from our female owner. Maybe things started changing when Sayang entered her world, and Sayang became more real, more interactive and more personal than us turtles who are living on another continent and largely solitary in our behaviour.

And when my female owner had to give up Sayang, her heart broke and she became distant. Disappointed that people treated animals like garbage (“why don’t you just drive somewhere and leave the cat there?”). Cross as well, “I would just leave the dog to die, rather than spend money on her surgery”.

Anyway, I hope she recovers from her emotional upheaval soon. We turtles can’t wait to see her again – counting down the days!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook