Thursday, October 29, 2009

questioning

My female owner is having mixed feelings about moving now. In fact, she is feeling sorry about having made the decision to move. St Lucia, pretty much, has been her home since she went to Brisbane. St Lucia saw her come as a perfect stranger, trying to adjust to Brisbane’s way of life. Awkward and raw, my female owner took a long time to warm up to its charms. Now that she has nicely settled into Brisbane, my female owner is moving yet again. Another transition. Apprehensive and ambivalence, she is questioning the wisdom of her decision.

There are so many things she is going to miss.

Being able to walk to school, and not having to rely on buses.

Walking to and fro school with Therapist Fren who lives just up the street. Going for early morning brekkies with her. Having impromptu dinners at Nando’s with her.

Jogging around the school compound with her jogging kakis. A routine established early upon her arrival to Brisbane which maintained some form of sanity in the midst of chaos. Even the impromptu jios would be missed.

Impromptu dinner jios with Mr Nice Guy who lives nearby.

Walking over to Bryce Street for social events (dinners, movies, guitar lessons).

Car rides home with St Lucia dwellers. My female owner loves taking car rides with friends because of the opportunity to interact with them on a casual but more intimate manner.

Even walking to Chai’s, the neighbourhood Asian grocery store, and buying durian chips!

Accessibility to St Lucia and Toowong friends.

My female owner says that her days in St Lucia are numbered. Just one more week and she would be gone. If moving to a suburb 20mins away is so painful (even by choice), what would it be like for my female owner when/ if she leaves Brisbane for good??

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook