Thursday, October 29, 2009

line

An Onli Fren is someone who bothers to ask when you are returning from overseas, remembers the date, convinces her husband to drive to the airport to fetch you, more than a month before you are due to return.

An Onli Fren is also someone who asks about your availability, takes leave in accordance to what you say, more than a month before you are due to return.

An Onli Fren is also someone who tirelessly helps you to pay your credit card bill or call up the credit card company whenever you send out an SOS.

Well, my female owner got into a little tight spot recently with her Onli Fren terminology. One of her friends protested (unprovoked) that having such a name just devalues the significance of her other friends (which also includes him). In his words, “we are standing on a thin line now”. Without being defensive, my female owner then told him the story behind this title.

He responded empathetically and said “So sad. Okay, I will still be your friend… and I will get more wires so that I can strengthen this line. And I will get God to bring a bridge of love”.

Ah, so sweet. There you have it… another friendship established. Well sort-of. Not that my female owner would run to him if she has issues. So strange, she says. But it is good to know that she has such sweet friends around.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook