Monday, October 12, 2009

grace

My female owner had her prayers answered in a most unconventional, modern way. It all started on Sunday morning, when she went to her office with the intention of (finally) working on her multiple regression statistical analysis which she procrastinated for a week.

Opening up her thick stats book, she wrote a prayer as her MSN tagline. “God… help me with stats please.” My female owner didn’t think much of it, having resigned herself to an afternoon of perplexing statistical manoeuvres.

Ten minutes later, a friend popped up online and said excitedly “I can help you with stats!!”

The rest, they say, is history. Her friend kindly offered to meet her that afternoon for a two-hour crash course on multiple regressions. The friend is actually a statistics tutor in the School of Economics and does extra tutoring for students at a fee (it never occurred to my female owner that she could ask him for help). But he did it free for her... and even when she bought him a pizza for lunch, he returned the meal with coffee.

When my female owner wrote out that MSN tagline, she didn’t consciously mean it as a prayer. It was more out of desperation. But God, in His ever generous and protective grace, made things happen in such a way that her friend would log on on a Sunday morning, respond to that line, and be available to help her. The timing was just perfect. Her friend would be out of the country two days later till the end of October and she needed to hand in some analyses asap.

Ah, the grace of God. Hits you when you least expect it... but rescues you from darkness.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook