Monday, November 16, 2009

verified

My female owner had an interesting MSN conversation with her 荣哥 today. 荣哥 is a friend from junior college whom she acknowledged as her “brother” (hence, rong-ge) and he called her “neh mei” (referring to her as a younger sister). Over the years, they grew apart but still managed to maintain contact… and the namesakes.

He finally initiated contact with her via MSN (see how passive my female owner is?!) in response to her misleading MSN tagline which suggests that she would be back from Brisbane for good shortly. He was somewhat disappointed when he found out that she was still returning to Brisbane.

The beauty of old friends is that you connect with each other easily and gosh, they realised that they had not seen each other for close to two years. In fact, they couldn’t trace back their last meet.

Anyway, the reason why I bring him up is because 荣哥 lives very near her ex-boyfriend (aka my previous owner) and had seen him around a few times. 荣哥 made mention of him. Without intending to sound cynical, my female owner’s first thought was finally, someone has verified that her ex is still alive. She also learnt that he seems to have degenerated. She felt a tinge of sadness for him but well…

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook