Monday, November 23, 2009

extrovert introvert

For a couple of hours today, my female owner had the chance to be alone in her new house. Two of her housemates are away in New Zealand while the last one went out for dinner or something. She enjoyed the time alone tremendously.

Solitude is comforting for my female owner. Given a choice, she rather live by herself. Wait, let me correct myself. My female owner likes to be by herself at home, but she needs to maintain social connections with people. A phenomenon some term as extrovert introvert, while others (e.g. her Counselling Fren) describe it as functional extrovert.

Therapist Fren established today that my female owner is indeed an Extrovert Introvert. Therapist Fren heard from their mutual friend (whose church my female owner visited yesterday) that my female owner “fitted in very well” with the friend’s churchmates. Well done for someone who is anti-social.

When told about this feedback, my female owner’s reaction was like “yah, I can if I want to”. Actually, people fascinate my female owner. However, she rather observe and wonder about them from a distance, than to get involved in conversations with them to find out more about them.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook