Saturday, November 21, 2009

Therapist Fren

My female owner reckons that Therapist Fren had the greatest shocks of her life this week, in the whole history of their friendship.

Firstly, she introduced Therapist Fren to her Jogging Kakis, opening up to her, a new world of communication style. As Therapist Fren puts it, she never had that kind of interaction with guys, the way my female owner had with her Jogging Kakis. In addition, through the protracted (impromptu) dinner appointment, Therapist Fren noticed a different side of my female owner. Where my female owner would usually be the one to come up with random comments and jokes in their gatherings, in the presence of her Jogging Kakis (both of whom have a better command of English than her + being “two sides of the same coin” meant that she was automatically outnumbered), my female owner was at the receiving end of their endless banter and scrutiny. Docile in comparison.

Secondly, Therapist Fren discovered (whether she liked it or not), that my female owner had always put her as the contact person in times of emergency, i.e. her next-of-kin. I think she was reasonably shocked by this. My female owner framed it as Therapist Fren being her Onli Fren in Brisbane.

Thirdly, probably the biggest revelation in recent times, the existence of my blog. My female owner hardly tells people about my writings as she feels that most people won’t be interested in reading it anyway, so why open up herself to others? In Brisbane, my female owner has personally told only two individuals about me. Might be about 10 people in Singapore. Given that many of my female owner’s weird antics and idiosyncrasies had been shamelessly exposed and exaggerated by her Kakis, my female owner decided that it was time to let Therapist Fren into more of herself.

Really, how much can you really claim to know someone?

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook