Monday, November 23, 2009

Mr Nice Guy

I mentioned before that my female owner do not have many older male Christian friends who provides leadership and influence in her life. Remember how my female owner used to embrace AGAB? This could be of the reasons – a lack of positive older male models. Her long-standing friend would be Mr Squabbles who used to appear online at strategic times whenever she was in “spiritual trouble”. She hasn’t seen him around lately (is that a good sign?) but enjoys a good conversation whenever they speak.

My female owner just realised that Mr Nice Guy is probably the next other person who fits the bill. In recent times, they had spent more time together doing things like having dinners, watching movies and hiking. Dinners are usually one-to-one. While their conversations used to be cordial and superficial, over the recent weeks, they had reached a point of mutual trust where they would share about their opinions about issues, things that you would not repeat randomly to other people.

This is a significant achievement for my female owner as she knows that Mr Nice Guy is someone who does not engage with his feelings. He tends to “take things like a man” and engages in distraction to get over negative emotions. I think my female owner most definitely managed to create a safe environment between themselves to express his points of views, coz with regards to an issue, he told her during dinner that he would tell her more in private coz he doesn’t want others to know.

And no, there is no romantic attraction between the both of them. Like what Mr Nice Guy says, “we are dinner buddies”. Sorry if I made anyone excited.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook