Monday, September 17, 2007

Sleepless in Singapore

I'm so tired. It's not easy being a turtle these days. Over the last few weeks, my female owner has developed a new habit of sleeping late. It's strange. She used to devote about an hour a night to chat with my male owner on the phone. Now that they are no longer talking (which means that she has an extra hour every night), she is still unable to complete her work at the old bedtime.

Anyway, one of the reasons is that she was hooked on this American drama called 24. I'm too tired to explain what the series is about, but just take it from me that if something America, crime-related and comes in a series can sustain my female owner's interest till the end, it is something worth watching.

So, DVDs are meant to be watched at night it seems. My female owner spent her nights watching the series and her solo escapade flooded our Balcony with bright light. I don't usually pay much attention to her affairs (especially when it's night time), but Dodo, my beloved brother and the alpha male, rallied us to keep her company while she watched her show. He was trying to make her happy by offering her some pet therapy... and wanted our support.

And so, the four of us went without sleep for a few hours, until about 2am on Sunday morning, when my female owner finally decided to turn in. And that is only after she finished the series (finally!). For the records, yes, she was happy to see us coming out to find her in the wee hours of the morning. So the efforts were worth it.

So tired now. I can feel my shell cracking and hear muscles crying out from the lack of rest. I need to sleep, hibernate maybe.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook