Friday, September 14, 2007

the end. the beginning.

The day has finally arrived.

14th Sept 2007.

The day when my female owner’s parents are coming back from their holiday.

It’s also the day when my female owner’s colleague-turned-good-friend is leaving for her studies in UK. The impending departure of her friend never really hit home until today, when she saw her friend and suddenly, all layers of denial and masking crumbled and my female owner finally confronted her very own emotions.

Over the years, I’ve seen my female owner crying for one reason – disputes with my male owner. But today, I saw her crying because of the separation from a good friend and the multiple losses that came along with it – the heart-to-heart talks, the drinking and card sessions all over the island, the corridor chats during office hours, the laughter shared, the private jokes exchanged, the sorrow (at work) divided, the workload lightened, the social support given, her soothing presence, her accepting nature, the durian sessions, the friendships made, the overseas trips, the building of good memories, the oh-shit moments, the telepathy established. The list goes on.

So many things, mostly good, hardly bad, my female owner has to let go. The friendship was established only last year but the impact made is definitely lasting.

The beginning is the end (of something). The end is the beginning (of something).

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook