Monday, January 08, 2007

world peace

My owners are at it again. It's like an annual affair. At the beginning of the year, they would have a major disagreement about their relationship and each one seems worse than the previous one. How does it affect us? Many ways.

i) My female owner will visit us more, just to space out. Then when some mean or unhappy thoughts will come into her mind and she will act out, by poking us in any or every retractable body part. That includes the 4 limbs, tail and head. I get it worse, because my fat head makes it IMPOSSIBLE for me to retreat into my shell for shelter. And that gives her 1 more reason to be upset - that Nooki is too fat!

ii) My female owner, as she is, is already quite temperamental with her feeding. Although we are supposed to get fed every other day, sometimes she would (for an endless variety of reasons) choose not to feed us. So we go without food or water for 3 days. We may be resilient but hey, who would ever reject food right?

iii) My male owner will stop coming over and that means that our living conditions will deteriorate. He is the long-suffering soul who would scrub our tank to make it clean and clear from algae before feeding us.

iv) Less play time for us. Sometimes they would sit together in the balcony and talk about us while playing with us. With one person gone, at least half the fun is gone. Actually more than half, coz my female owner would oscillate between playing and poking us while he would just play with us.

May there be world peace.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook