Sunday, January 21, 2007

a touch from God

It was a horrible start to my Saturday. I woke up to see the cleaning lady in our balcony. The cleaning lady makes her appearance in my female owner’s house once every few weeks. Every time she comes, all of us terrapins break out in cold sweat. This is because she would put us into a tank to keep us in (in case she tramples on us while she cleans). This tank is opaque and cramped, making us very miserable, stressed and claustrophobic.

Today was worse, because I suffered a relapse – I had a prolapse again. This time, I felt uncomfortable because I could feel something sticking out of my tail but could not get rid of it no matter how hard I kicked. Coincidentally, Dona also suffered a prolapse. It must be the cleaning lady! My female owner’s mother saw our condition and tried to poke the prolapse back into our tail.

Her nursing skills worked the last time for Dona and I thought I would be ok too. I certainly did not wish to go back to the vet again to be cut up and stitched back and doped with horrible tasting medicine. Alas, I was too tensed when she picked me up and I continued to have a prolapse (Dona was ok after the poke). By this time, my female owner had roused from her sleep and inspected us. Although she didn’t say anything, I could almost hear her heart drop and her thought bubble coming on “Prolapse again?!”

I bet she must have felt demoralised. After spending so much on me, I still suffered a relapse few months down the road. Anyway, she took me out and left me in the feeding tank, separated from the rest. I believe she prayed for me, because by afternoon time, my prolapse had gone in. I was as good as gold! Close shave!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook