Thursday, January 18, 2007

the best moments are now

Ask me what the best moment in my life was, I would tell you that there were two.

The first “best” moment was when my male owner chose me to be his pet. The feeling of being specially chosen by someone and subsequently, belonging to someone who loves and cares for your every need is overwhelmingly heart-warming. My male owner has never, in my short 4.5 years on planet Earth, failed to make me feel special and loved. The same goes for my female owner. Although she may complain about me and not feed me for days, I know that it is due to a personality flaw, more than personal attack on me. Alright, I know I sound as if I am launching a personal attack on her, but you know what I mean right?

The second “best” moment is now. Waking up everyday, knowing that each day brings with it surprises and new experiences. I know it sounds weird, coming from a terrapin which does nothing much every day, save to “eat, sleep and shit” (that’s what my female owner would say). My female owner tends to reminisce about the early days when we were so small and cute. Now we are even cuter (it’s true!), but not so small, and so, she would gripe about our swollen size (“so fat and heavy”). I tend to disagree with her, life is about growing and living right? So we should appreciate our physical size, big or small, because growing bigger and older is a sign of health and wealth. Indeed, the best moments are now!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook