Thursday, March 01, 2007

the unexpected feast

Remember my last entry when I talked about my owner and her parents going away for holidays and leaving us turtles at home to fend for ourselves (okay, the last part is my own perception)? My brother, Dodo, chided me when I whined about my insecurities about being left at home alone, with no one to feed us. Usually good-natured and even-tempered, he told me to be more trusting of my owners. After all, they brought us up when we were still tiny and never once did any of us starve. With such good track record, I shouldn't fear that we would be left uncared for.

My brother couldn't be more right - not only were we well-taken care of by our temporary turtle-sitters (they cleaned the balcony regularly), we were definitely well-fed. A container of turtle pellets (see photo) usually lasts us for more than one month (under the strict ration of my female owner). However, this time, we finished one whole container within a span of 13 days! It’s like being able to indulge in buffet everyday, rather than subjected to limited ala-carte fare.

Yum.





No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook