Friday, March 16, 2007

ranking system

Women like to complicate matters.

My female owner always put my male owner in a difficult spot by asking this question "You like which tortoise most?" By asking this, she is essentially forcing him rank the four of us in order of preference based on a certain criteria. And what is this criteria? It can be anything that he deems important in ranking us. Say there are four simple items in the criteria - sex of tortoise, size, colour and weight - my male owner still has to decide, are these items equally important? Or is colour more important than the rest? Or is there a ranking among the items too?! And what if she disagrees with his ranking criteria and thinks that he should rank the four of us according to what she thinks is important?

Anyway, my male owner's answer has always been consistent - "I like them the same, because they are ours". Wah.. so sweet and reassuring for us.

"But they are different, there must be some that you like more than others!"

"Each of them is cute in its own ways".

That usually leaves her speechless, unable to continue this one-sided debate. You know what is our answer for which owner we prefer?

"We like them both, because they are our owners."

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook