Thursday, September 09, 2010

submission

Out of sheer necessity, my female owner finally pulled up her socks and submitted her thesis on Tuesday (i.e. two days ago). Why “sheer necessity”? Coz her housemate was leaving Brisbane indefinitely on Wednesday and my female owner wanted to host a Good Riddance Party before she leaves.

My female owner tried to savour the process of submitting her thesis. She did not find it particularly flavourful. It was with an apprehensive and ambivalent heart that she handed over three copies of her 252-page, 57734-word thesis. She kept wondering if she had done enough and (as expected), catastrophised the worst case scenario that she had to rewrite big chunks of her arguments. And of course, the great uncertainty surrounding her future also dampened her mood.

So anyway, as a gesture of appreciation for her friends who laboured with her through her thesis, she hosted a dinner at night. My female owner felt so blessed to have such friends around her. She even said that with such friends around, she won’t mind doing another thesis. Err… sure anot? I think she was drunk when she said that.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook