Thursday, September 30, 2010

jobs

My female owner says that applying for jobs in Aussie is not as easy as doing it in Singapore. For one, being on a student visa, the odds are stacked against her. In addition, she has not graduated from her programme and hence, would not be able to apply for psychologist positions, which usually require full registration. Her best bet would be to look for counselling or social services jobs. But it might be difficult to convince potential employers that she has intentions to stay long at the non-psychologist job.

Anyway, when faced with such situations, my female owner would start to fantasise about going back to Singapore for good. She often questions herself for staying back in Australia. After all, she can easily pack up now and leave for home. Emo Sponge kinda distracted her shortly after by helping her to source for temporary administration positions, which kept her occupied the whole day. Not really sure if she would be able to convince anyone to employ her, given that she is “overqualified” but as my female owner said, better than doing nothing!

Hopefully she gets a temp job soon.

1 comment:

TRAVEL said...

Congratulation for your blog!!

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook