Monday, August 06, 2007

what happened?

My female had not been exercising since she stopped talking to my male owner. Slowly but surely, she was putting on fats (just like me!). In a bid to get into better shape (both physically and psychologically), she agreed to go jogging with some of her colleagues at MacRitchie Reservoir. It was risky for her ego, coz all of them could definitely run faster than her.


At the reservoir, she spied the familiar blue bridge that stood over the murky waters. The water is home to countless terrapins, many of which had been released into the wild by their owners. My female owner spent some time looking at the terrapins swimming effortlessly in the water, enjoying their swim amidst the setting sun.



She couldn’t help but wonder, what happened to our ability to swim?!

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook