Thursday, November 16, 2006

ever wondered?

ever wondered how your backside looks like? I have, many times, even more so after my illness. The literal "pain in the ass" served a fine reminder that (promise you don't laugh) I've never seen my backside!

Actually, for us terrapins, we will not be able to see beyond our front limbs. We know that we have four limbs and a tail. If we use only the two limbs which we can see, we will not be able to move very far. With the same token, although I've never seen my tail, I do receive shock waves whenever anyone steps on it.



The mysteries of life for a terrapin - being dependent on parts of your body which you cannot see, even though other terrapins can see them. The good news for curious terrapins like me is that, we can rely on technology to shed some light on how our body parts look like to the rest of the world.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook