Tuesday, July 13, 2010

balance

My female owner reported having a more balanced weekend. It took me a while to get updates from her coz she has developed an obsession with Theseus. So hard to pull her away from him these days. I seriously think that for her, Theseus is the short form of “these days, its just us”.

Anyway, her happening weekend started with Mr Nice Guy coming over to cook Singapore Chilli Crab for her. They went to the market to choose the crab together. Awesome flavour, she said. My personal take? I’m not too big on crabs, coz they have shells, like us turtles. Plus, at 1.6kg, so near Nanook’s weight, too close for comfort.
The chopped up crustacean
double double boil and trouble
fire burn and cauldron bubble ... sort of
just like the original, apparently

At night, she pulled herself out for a birthday dinner. Not very close to this person but she thought she better start building closer ties with people, rather than brood in her these-days-its-just-us cave. Her baker housemate, made the yummy cake you see below.


After dinner, my female owner actually skipped drinks (she quitted?!) and trotted off to a friend’s house for a sleepover. They had plans to hang out together on Sunday by going to church and having lunch together. My female owner made it home by mid-arvo and took a rare Sunday nap. Having said that, it shocked her to wake up to find the sky in darkness. Sun sets really early in Brisbane winter.

Her chillaxing weekend continued with her favourite Masterchef at night and because at 2200 she made a crazy goal of reaching 10000 words in her General Introduction (she was at 9046 then), my female owner then stayed up till 0230 to satisfy her machosistic tendencies.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook