Sunday, October 29, 2006

the week after

well.. it has been a week since I was dragged to the vet to check on my prolapse. This week had been a tiring week as I had to fight against my owners' trickeries. You see, I had to take oral medicine because of the minor surgery. However, which human, much less a terrapin, likes to be on dope? First, they held me high up in the sky, with my face looking down. One of them tried to get me to open my mouth by probing my mouth with a needle syringe. Their objective was to forcefeed me with food. They tried for a good 15 mins before releasing me into my tank. Nooki-1, Owners-0.

After they released me, I decided to "give face". So when they tried to entice me with some food on a spoon, I obliged immediately. Nooki-1, Owners-1 Afterall, a hand-fed terrapin is quite unheard of in the reptile world!

That's when they pushed their luck. They tried to dope my food with some disgusting smelling medicine (I later learnt the medicine were steriods and anti-biotics). Aint no way am I going to oblige this time! So there they were trying to coax me to fall for their trick and there I was, getting more and more agitated by the minute. My tank was very small and I had problems trying to evade their advances. Finally they gave up. Nooki-2, Owners-1. The same cycle continued every night and the final scoreline was Nooki-7, Owners-1.

No comments:

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook