Sunday, May 16, 2010

prawns

My female owner once had a conversation with her Jogging Kakis when she went camping with them, on a topic that once stirred the hearts of Singaporean men and women. The topic (*drum roll*) was whether guys should shell prawns for their partners and if they don’t, is it a sign of ungentlemanliness? Needless to say, the topic generated a fair amount of heated debate and controversy. And of course, my female owner had witnessed how some guys might shell prawns for only one girl, the girl of interest, making the atmosphere awkward for everyone.

Anyway, by fluke, my female owner succeeded in getting someone to shell a prawn for her. She was having Korean BBQ with 4 other people and there were 3 huge prawns on the BBQ. One guy said he didn’t want it, so did my female owner (coz she was too lazy to dirty her hands for one prawn). So that works out to be one per remaining person. However, someone else asked her if she wanted to share a prawn with him, coz he didn’t want the whole prawn (my female owner thinks he just didn’t want her to go without a crustacean). And she gleefully asked, “you peel ah?”

An impromptu trap, which he sportingly obliged. She actually felt bad immediately for putting him in a spot. Obviously he scored once more in the department of gentlemanliness (he’s already a high scorer). Highly recommended to single gals!

2 comments:

tedde said...

high on the criteria for any girl is a guy she can trap? =P

there are facts (shelling the prawn) and then there is the interpretation of that fact (why did he? :P)

btw, what were uno's and my conclusions? i know we roasted the prawns in the shell... thats all i remember. such weird conversation =_=

still a turtle said...

you think too much! it was just a trap set impromptuly by me. and the poor chap had to obliged.. i did offer to shell it though...

personally, i didnt think you guys would agree that NOT to peel is a sign of ungentlemanliness.. although i really cant rem what the conclusions were... but you guys certainly didnt shell any for me.. and i didnt expect you guys to anyway!

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook