Saturday, May 08, 2010

need... want...

My female owner recently got into a thought-provoking discussion with her housemates and Emo Sponge during a house dinner, over a conversation she had with her ex.

Ex: “Sometimes, I feel that you don’t need me, coz you can do everything yourself”
FO: “You are right, I don’t need you. But I want you. That’s why I chose to be with you.”

My female owner wanted to pick Emo Sponge’s brain on how a male would typically react to something that goes along that line of “I don’t need you but I want you”. My female owner, in all honesty, meant it to be a compliment. But she later figured that it was probably quite ego-bruising for a guy to be told point-blank that he is not needed. Needless to say, that sharing stimulated a lot of laughter and spins-off of “I don’t need XXX but I want XXX”.

2 comments:

tedde said...

disagree. a girl needs to be fully independent AND successful to be even attractive as a date. things that cling off your arm... there's a type of animal that does that. forgot it's name :).

of course, being told that when ur not expecting it would be a bit crushing. like telling a girl, you're not pretty, but i think you're attractive anyway. attacks the heart of our gender =)

Oopsydaisy said...

Ah.. Dunno wat animal that is.. Leech? Prob not.
Hmmm.. Obviously I sent off a super devastating vibe then. And yes, I so agree with the male version of I don't need...but I want. :)

But hoh.. I was so independent that he hated it.

My siblings and I

My siblings and I
From top left: Dodo, Dona, me (Nooki) and Nanook